- 4 x 175g/6oz lean sirloin, rump or rib-eye steaks
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 15ml/1tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 x 30g can anchovies in oil, drained and finely chopped
- Extra lime wedges, to garnish
- *For the Black Bean Salsa:
- 100g/4oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and diced
- ½ yellow pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small handful freshly chopped coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- Place the steaks in a large, non-metallic shallow dish. Add the lime zest and juice and seasoning. Coat the steaks on both sides. Cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan on the hob or barbecue and cook the tomatoes, spring onions, garlic and anchovies for 1-2 minutes. Add the water and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Remove and set aside.
- To make the salsa; combine all the ingredients in a bowl and season.
- Cook the steaks on a preheated grill or prepared barbecue according to your preference.
- Serve the steaks with the sauce and the salsa.
Canned black beans are available from larger supermarkets in the health food section. Canned red kidney beans may be used as an alternative.