- 2 lean beef sirloin steaks (or cooked cold roast beef)
- 225g/8oz new potatoes
- 175g/6oz broad beans
- 1 x 85g bag or 1 bunch fresh watercress
- 120ml/8tbsp crème fraîche
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp horseradish sauce
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water, for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. During the last 5 minutes of cooking time add broad beans to the pan. Drain and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile cook the steaks for approximately 8 minutes (for medium done). Alternatively serve the salad with slices of cooked cold roast beef instead. Take the watercress and arrange half on plates.
- Chop the other half of the watercress and mix with the crème fraîche and horseradish sauce. Mix with the cooked potatoes and broad beans and serve spooned over the watercress.
- Serve the cooked beef sliced on top of the watercress salad with chunks of crusty bread.