- 1 x 350-400g/12-14oz beef mini roasting joint (we used beef topside)
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 5ml/1tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 whole garlic bulb, unpeeled and broken into cloves
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 15ml/1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 30ml/2tbsp fruit chutney
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Place the joint on a large chopping board. Make several incisions over the joint. Season on both sides and coat in the crushed coriander seeds.
- Put the onion and garlic on the base of a non-stick roasting tin, drizzle with the oil, position the lamb on top and open roast for 35 minutes, basting occasionally with any meat juices. In a small bowl mix the chutney and coriander together.
- Remove the tin from the oven and brush the beef with the chutney and coriander glaze. Return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the beef and serve with the garlic, red onions and cheesy potatoes.