- 1 x 250g/9oz cannon of lamb
- 30ml/2tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp ground coriander
- For the Spiced Rhubarb Chutney:
- 200g/7oz fresh rhubarb, roughly sliced
- 60ml/4tbsp rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 45ml/3tbsp runny honey or agave nectar
- 1 x 2.5cm/1 inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2.5ml/½tsp dried chilli flakes
- 30ml/2tbsp fresh orange juice
- Steamed Swiss chard or wilted baby spinach leaves, to serve
- To prepare the chutney; put all the chutney ingredients into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, or until the rhubarb is soft. Add a little water if needed.
- Heat a medium non-stick pan until hot. Meanwhile, put the lamb on a chopping board and make several slashes over the surface. Rub with the oil, season and dust the ground coriander on both sides.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and sear the lamb in the pan for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a preheated oven at Gas mark 4, 180°C and cook for 10 minutes turning occasionally until still pink in the middle (or 15-20 minutes if you prefer your lamb a little more cooked). Set aside to rest for 2-3 minutes. Alternatively, cook under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue for the same cooking time.
- Slice and serve on a bed of steamed Swiss chard or baby spinach leaves and the chutney.