- 4 lambs kidneys, cleaned and cut into chunks
- 15ml/1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5ml/1tsp mango chutney
- 5ml/1tsp curry paste
- 15ml/1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 15ml/1tbsp hot water
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2-4 slices of thick granary bread or brioche, lightly toasted
- *To garnish:
- Fresh tarragon leaves
- Heat the oil in a large shallow frying pan and cook the kidneys for 3-4 minutes or until brown.
- Add the chutney, curry paste, Worcestershire sauce, hot water, lemon zest and seasoning. Heat through for 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture over the toast, garnish with the tarragon and serve immediately.
If preferred use as a filling for jacket potatoes.