- 1.3kg/3lb lean topside or silverside joint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 45ml/3tbsp clear honey
- 75ml/5tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- In a small bowl mix together the honey and mustard. Place the joint on a chopping board and make several slits over it’s surface. Season and rub the mixture over the surface of the joint and into the slits.
- Place the joint on a metal rack in a large roasting tin and open roast for the preferred calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any rich meat juices.
- Serve hot with all the trimmings or eat cold in sandwiches or wraps. Why not try our Roast Beef Wraps with Watercress and Radish Raita recipe?