- 2 lean best end necks of lamb each with 6 cutlets, chined
- Ask the butcher to prepare the Guard of Honour for you (2 best ends of neck, trimmed and the bones interlaced fat side facing outwards to form an...
- *For the stuffing:
- 225g/8oz lean lamb mince
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 30ml/2tbsp tomato ketchup
- 15ml/1tbsp capers
- 45ml/3tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 60ml/4tbsp breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp oil
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190ºC, 350-375ºF.
- Mix together the lamb, garlic, tomato ketchup, capers, half the rosemary, breadcrumbs and seasoning in a large bowl.
- Fill the cavity of the Guard of Honour with the stuffing mixture. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the remaining rosemary. Place in a small roasting pan and roast. Baste occasionally and cover the bones with foil if browning too quickly.
- Serve with roasted red onions that could go into the oven at the same time as the Guard of Honour, creamy mashed potatoes and steamed cabbage.