- 1 x 350-400g (12-14oz) lean lamb mini roasting joint (we used lamb thick flank)
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- *For the Rosemary Butter:
- 50g/2oz unsalted butter, softened
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves or 10ml/2tsp dried rosemary leaves
- *For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 x 350g/12oz pack prepared roasted vegetables OR
- 1 red onion, skinned and cut into wedges
- 1 sweet pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into chunks
- ½ small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into cubes
- 1 courgette, roughly chopped or sliced
- 15ml/1tbsp sunflower oil
- Few fresh thyme sprigs
- 200g/7oz new potatoes, washed and halved
- Hot gravy, to serve
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- To prepare the rosemary butter; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slits over the surface and season. Spread with the rosemary butter. Put the roasted vegetables in a medium non-stick roasting tin, add the oil and fresh thyme. Position the lamb on top of the vegetables and roast for 35-40 minutes (for medium) on the top shelf of the oven.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 10-15 minutes and toss in a knob of any remaining herb butter.
- Remove the lamb from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes. Carve and serve with the gravy, roasted vegetables and potatoes.
If preferred use dried mixed herbs instead. Any left over butter is ideal for use on steaks or steamed vegetables.