Richly flavoured lamb dish for a warming supper. Lamb shoulder, leg or neck fillet cubes cooked in red wine with a hint of spicy Spanish chorizo.
- Toss the lamb in the seasoned flour.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan on a moderate heat. Cook the lamb and chorizo in batches for 3-4 minutes until brown. Transfer to a large ovenproof casserole dish.
- In the same frying pan cook the onions and garlic until soft. Spoon into the casserole dish with the stock and wine. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook on the hob or in a preheated oven at Gas mark 3, 170°C, 325°F for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time add the beans.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve with seasonal vegetables and rice or potatoes.
If preferred replace the wine with extra stock.