- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Take the beef joint or a smaller joint to suit your family size and calculate the cooking time. Season and place into a roasting tin. Open roast in a preheated oven for the calculated cooking time.
- 25- 30 minutes before the end of cooking time the onions and garlic to the pan.
- Increase the oven temperature to Gas mark 7, 220°C, 425°F for the Yorkshire puddings: In a bowl mix together the flour and eggs, then add the beer and whisk until smooth. Divide the oil between 4 large or 12 small Yorkshire pudding tins and heat in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Pour the batter in the heated tin and cook for 20-25 minutes until risen and browned.
- Serve the beef with the Yorkshire puddings, onions (or add to the gravy) roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables.