- 1 x 1.3kg/3lb lean beef topside, boneless rib or sirloin joint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 60ml/4tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6-8 streaky bacon rashers, stretched
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- In a small bowl mix together the mustard and parsley.
- Place the topside joint on a chopping board, make several slits over the surface of the joint and season. Rub with the mustard and herb mixture over the surface of the joint and inside the slits. Wrap the bacon rashers around the joint.
- Place the joint on a metal rack in a large roasting tin and open roast for the preferred, calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any rich beefy juices.
- Leave the joint to rest for 10-15 minutes, slice and serve with sauté or roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables.