- 450g/1lb lean boneless lamb leg steaks, neck fillet or shoulder, cut into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 10ml/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 10ml/2tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Place the lamb in a large shallow dish. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to coat the cubes.
Thread the lamb onto 8 small or 4 large metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water) and transfer onto a large plate or foil-lined tray.
Cook on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until any meat juices run clear.
Serve with a couscous and chickpea salad with freshly chopped mint and a lemon dressing.