- 900g-1.3kg/2-3lb lean lamb half leg joint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 60ml/4tbsp freshly chopped thyme leaves
- Grated zest of 2 oranges (reserve oranges)
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 45ml/3tbsp dry white wine or white grape juice
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Place the joint on a large chopping board. Make several incisions over the joint and season on both sides. Press the thyme and orange zest over the surface of the lamb and into the slits.
- Slice the oranges and place in a large non-stick roasting tin with the lemon slices and put the joint on top. Open roast for the preferred, calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any meat juices. Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time pour the wine or white grape juice over the lamb and return to the oven for the remaining cooking time.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables such as fennel and roasted white and sweet potatoes.
Recipe Calculations per serving (roast only): Energy 327kcal-262kcal Protein 32g-25g Fat 20g-16g Fibre 0.7g-0.5g Salt equivalent 0.8g -0.6g Iron 2.5mg-2mg