- 4 lean lamb leg or rump steaks
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 30ml/2tbsp sunflower oil
- 15ml/1tbsp sesame seeds
- 60ml/4tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 30ml/2tbsp plum or damson jam, softened with a little hot water
- 300g/10½oz cooked egg or rice noodles, to serve
- *For the Salad:*
- 1 x 100g bag mixed salad leaves
- 175g/6oz fresh radishes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 45ml/3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place the steaks on a chopping board and season on both sides with the salt, pepper and Chinese five-spice powder.
- Place the salad ingredients into a large bowl, season and drizzle with the olive oil. In a small bowl mix together the sweet chilli sauce and plum or damson jam.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick wok or frying pan. Add the lamb and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side until cooked. Halfway through cooking add the sesame seeds. Remove the lamb from the pan, transfer to a plate to rest for 2-3 minutes then slice into strips.
- Arrange the warmd noodles on a serving plate and add the salad, then arrange the lamb on top. Spoon over the sweet chilli dressing and serve immediately.