Sophie Copping - London and Southeast Winner
Mince, Spinach and Butternut Squash Cannelloni with a Cheesy Tomato Sauce and Courgettes
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
225g beef mince
70g baby spinach, roughly chopped
150g mascarpone cheese
20g walnuts, chopped
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
50g Parmesan cheese
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
50g butternut squash, peeled and pre-steamed
5g each of salt, pepper, dried oregano
150g cannelloni pasta
100g prepared tomato sauce
150g Cheddar cheese, grated
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 courgettes, sliced lengthways
- Turn on oven to 180°C, Gas mark 4 and get out all ingredients.
- Add the spinach to the mascarpone cheese with the walnuts, grated lemon zest and juice, Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- In a hot frying pan, fry off the meat until brown colour with the onion and garlic. Add the butternut squash and season.
- Mix both the cheese and meat mixtures together and stuff into the cannelloni tubes. Pour over tomato sauce, sprinkle over half the cheese, then place in oven to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat half the oil in a pan and fry the tomatoes and courgettes until slightly brown.
- Once ready remove the cannelloni from the oven and place onto the serving plates.
- Add the remaining cheese and the chopped tomatoes then arrange the courgette slices on top.
- Garnish with the spinach leaves, oil and seasoning then serve.