Lamb Jalfreasy Curry
Try this wonderful jalfreasy curry from our Simply Pleasures ad campaign that is so easy to prepare with fabulous results. Lamb cubes are cooked in a jalfrezi sauce with sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, lamb stock, fresh lime juice and garnished with freshly chopped coriander.
2 hours 30 minutes
- 450g lean lamb shoulder or leg cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 1 x 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1 x 500g jar prepared jalfrezi sauce
- 200ml good, hot lamb stock
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- Juice of ½ lime
- Large handful of freshly chopped coriander
- Black mustard seeds to garnish (optional)
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan and brown the lamb in batches for 3-4 minutes. Spoon into a 1.2L heatproof casserole dish.
- Add the remaining oil to the same pan and cook the onion, garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes. Add the sauce and stock, bring to the boil and spoon into the casserole dish. Season if required.
- Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 2-2½ hours or until the lamb is tender, stirring occasionally. Season if required.
- 20 minutes before the end of the cooking time add the potato and lime juice.
- Garnish with the coriander and black mustard seeds and serve with basmati rice, naan bread and a chutney of your choice.