BBQ Lamb Stacks with Mint Relish
- 6 thin lamb leg steaks or escallopes
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 x 280g jar roasted peppers (available at large supermarkets), drained and cut into quarters
- 50g/2oz Feta cheese, crumbled
For the Mint Relish:
- 1 x 25-30g pack fresh chopped mint
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp lemon juice
- 30ml/2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
1. To prepare the mint relish; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together, cover and set aside.
2. Place the steaks on a chopping board. Season and sprinkle with the lemon zest on both sides then brush with the oil.
3. Cook on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 2-3 minutes.
4. Transfer the lamb onto warm plates and top with the roasted peppers. Scatter the Feta on top and spoon over the relish.
5. Serve with a crisp green salad.