Beef Fajitas with Tangy Yogurt Dip
Try these fajitas for a new family favourite – seasoned beef with a Mexican twist and crisp fresh veg.
- 450g lean rump or sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 2 fresh tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Flour tortillas
For the tangy yogurt dip:
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons natural yogurt
- Handful freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the steak and brown for a few minutes.
- Add the onions and peppers and cook until they start to soften.
- Add the fajita seasoning and mix thoroughly, stir for a few minutes then add the chopped tomatoes and stir until heated through.
- To prepare the dip; mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt and garlic.
- Warm the tortillas as per instructions on pack then take the tortillas and place a large spoonful of the meat mixture on each one, top with a spoonful of the dip and scatter with the parsley. Roll up and enjoy.