Beef Kebabs with Couscous
Fire up the grill and try our take on the authentic Middle Eastern beef shish kebab with tender meat in a delicious marinade coupled with fresh veg for a healthy and filling meal.
- 600g beef sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons allspice powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 80ml rapeseed oil
- 2 peppers, deseeded and cut into 3cm chunks
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 250g couscous
- 15g freshly chopped coriander
- 8 wooden or metal skewers
- For the kebabs; in a large bowl mix the allspice, smoked paprika, garlic granules, nutmeg, celery salt, and rapeseed oil together.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the steak, mix gently, cover and marinate in the fridge for 2-3 hours, if time allows.
- Cook the kebabs on a medium to high heat for 12 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions. Stir in the coriander and season to taste.
- Serve the couscous in a bowl on a plate topped with the kebabs.