Citrus Lamb Leg Steaks with White Bean Purée
Boneless lamb leg steaks marinated in a fresh chive and lemon mix, then simply pan-fried and served with a white bean and herb purée.
- 4 boneless lamb leg steaks
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the White Bean Purée:
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Small flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Ground paprika
- Place the lamb steaks in a large shallow dish. Add the chives, lemon juice, half the olive oil and seasoning. Coat the steaks in the mixture. Cover and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- To prepare the white bean purée, place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and whizz together until smooth. Season to taste.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over moderate heat and cook the steaks for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- To serve, place a large spoonful of the purée onto each serving plate and top with the lamb. Drizzle over the pan juices, garnish with the parsley and paprika.
- Serve with garlic or toasted ciabatta bread slices and a tossed salad.