Coronation Steak, Radish and Pea Salad (thin cuts)
A delicious steak salad using thin cut steaks, fresh peas, little gem lettuce and radishes, combined with a mild curry mayonnaise dressing.
- 400g/14oz thin cut beef steaks
- 30ml/2tbsp oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the Salad:
- 2 little gem lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 x 200g pack radishes, sliced
- 200g/7oz peas, fresh or defrosted
- For the Dressing:
- 5-10ml/1-2tsp mild or Madras curry powder
- 45ml/3tbsp reduced fat crème fraîche or mayonnaise
- 30ml/2tbsp cold water
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley
- Prepare the salad; place all the ingredients into a large bowl. For the dressing, place all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix together until combined then set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick griddle or frying pan until hot. Brush the steaks with oil, season on both sides and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Slice the beef into strips then add to the salad with any meat juices. Spoon the dressing over the salad and serve with crusty bread.