Hot Seared Beef Salad with Honey Dressing (thin cuts)
This hot beef salad is perfect for alfresco eating .Thin cut beef steak strips combined with seasonal ingredients such as salad leavess, new potatoes, cucumber and tomatoes and finished with a light honey dressing.
- 400g/14oz thin cut beef steaks
- 350g/12oz new potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 45ml/3tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 40g/1½oz flaked almonds, toasted
- 85-100g bag mixed salad leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- For the Dressing:
- 60ml/4tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 30ml/2tbsp sherry vinegar
- 30ml/2tbsp runny honey
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10-15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Add the cucumber to a large bowl with the parsley and almonds. Add the potatoes.
- To prepare the dressing; in a small bowl whisk together half the oil, sherry vinegar and honey. Season.
- Heat a non-stick pan until hot. Meanwhile, brush the steaks with the remaining oil on both sides and season. Cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cut the beef into 5cm/2in strips and add to the potato mixture.
- Arrange the salad leaves on a large plate, scatter the tomatoes over the leaves then spoon over half the dressing.
- Pile the beef and potato salad on top of the salad leaves, drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.