Lamb and Noodle Broth
- 4 lean lamb leg steaks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Zest of 2 limes, juice reserved
- 1 x 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 800ml good, hot chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 red or 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 100g green beans, roughly chopped
- 150g prepared rice noodles
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- Heat the oil in a large wok or saucepan until hot. Add the lamb, garlic, lime zest, ginger, turmeric and chilli. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the stock and soy sauce and cook for a further minute.
- Add the peppers and beans. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the noodles, spring onions, honey and lime juice.
- Spoon the broth into 4 bowls, garnish with the herbs serve with crusty bread.