Lamb and Tzatziki Pitta
- 4 lean boneless lamb leg steaks, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Juice of 1 medium orange
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 120g reduced fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3rd cucumber, halved, deseeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 4 pitta breads
- 1 little gem lettuce, shredded
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- Put the lamb into a large bowl and add the soy sauce, orange and lime juice.
- Sprinkle over the dried spices and mix well. Cover and marinate for 10 minutes, or longer, in the fridge, if time allows.
- Thread the lamb cubes equally onto 4 metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water) for 20 minutes.
- Cook under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue for 15 minutes, turning occasionally, or until any meat juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tzatziki; in a medium bowl mix together the yogurt, cucumber and mint.
- Warm the pittas, split in half, divide the lettuce and red onion between the pittas. Top with the lamb, squeeze over the lemon juice and serve with the tzatziki.