Lamb Fajitas with Chunky Cucumber and Yogurt Dip
These delicious hand-held goodies are made with lamb leg strips and cooked with a fajitas seasoning and a mix of crunchy vegetables. Pile into wholemeal tortillas and serve with a chunky cucumber and yogurt dip.
- 4 lean boneless lamb leg steaks, trimmed of fat and cut into thin strips or slices
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoons prepared fajitas seasoning
- 1 large carrot or courgette, peeled and grated
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 100g baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 4 wholemeal or corn tortillas, warmed
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
For the Chunky Cucumber and Yogurt Dip:
- 1 x 150g pot fat free Greek yogurt
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded and cut into small chunks
- Pinch dried chilli powder
- Small bunch freshly chopped mint
- To prepare the dip, in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together, cover and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick griddle pan or wok. Add the lamb and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the fajita seasoning and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the carrot or courgette, spring onions, lime zest and juice. Stir gently.
- Remove from the heat, add the spinach leaves and stir through gently. Pile onto the tortillas, spoon over the dip, garnish with the fresh coriander and serve with a side salad.
Additional Recipe Information:
Nutritionals based on boneless lamb leg steaks, trimmed of fat and plain tortillas.