Minty Lamb Steaks with Potato and Watercress Salad
These minty lamb leg steaks make a delicious midweek treat. On the table in under 30 minutes and served with a creamy potato and watercress salad - a mouthwatering treat for all.
- 4 lean boneless lamb leg or chump steaks
For the Marinade:
- 15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 10ml/2tsp prepared mint sauce
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp balsamic vinegar
For the Salad:
- 900g/2lb small new potatoes, quartered, cooked and cooled
- 45-60ml/3-4tbsp low fat Greek yogurt
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped or 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely crushed
- 2 large handful watercress leaves, rinsed
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- To prepare the marinade, in a large, shallow bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together. Season. Add the lamb, coat on both sides, cover and set aside.
- For the salad, in a large bowl mix all the ingredients together, season and set aside.
- Cook the lamb in a non-stick griddle pan on the hob, under a preheated moderate grill, or on a prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes on each side or until any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the steaks with the salad.