Roast Loin of Lamb with Sausage and Herby Stuffing
1 hour 30 minutes
To Cook Medium: 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
To Cook Well Done: 30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes
- Lamb loin joint (6 cutlets) or boneless shoulder joint
- 2-3 lean lamb sausages
- Handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Weigh and calculate the cooking time for the joint. Place onto a rack in a roasting tin
- Remove the lamb sausages from their skins and mix together with the mint leaves. Mould into a sausage shape and roast alongside the lamb during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Alternatively, use a boneless shoulder of lamb for this recipe – remove any butcher’s string and open up joint. Layer mint leaves and sausage meat onto lamb then roll up. Take a thick strip of foil and wrap around joint to hold loosely in place then weigh and roast as above.
- Serve the lamb with the stuffing cut into slices, roasted root vegetables and potatoes cooked in the oven at the same time as the lamb.