Steak Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce
These skewers are ideal for BBQ season, using marinated beef steaks and paired with a fresh herb sauce for the perfect combo.
For the Skewers:
- 4 x 200g beef sirloin steaks, cut into 2cm cubes
- 200g cooked baby potatoes, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- 150g whole baby mushrooms, cleaned
For the Marinade:
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
- 30g freshly chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- To prepare the marinade, in a large bowl, whisk all the ingredients together.
- Add the beef steaks and potatoes to the marinade and mix well until coated. Cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill to high or, if you are using a BBQ, light it and allow it to heat until the coals are white hot.
- Assemble skewers by alternating peppers, steak, new potatoes and mushrooms. Repeat and continue process until ingredients are gone.
- To make the chimichurri; in a medium bowl mix all the ingredients together, except the oil. Once mixed, slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Cook the skewers under the grill or on the barbecue for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Once the skewers are cooked, drizzle over the chimichurri sauce and serve with grilled flat breads.