Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry (thin cuts)
This great midweek meal using thin cut beef steaks can be on the table in under 20 minutes. Using prepared fresh stir fry vegetables, this one pan dish is great for all the family.
- 450g thin cut beef steaks, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 x 350g pack prepared stir-fry vegetables of your choice
- For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons prepared Teriyaki marinade and sauce or Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- To prepare the Teriyaki sauce; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or wok under a moderate heat until hot. Add the stir-fry vegetables and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Add the beef.
- Add the Teriyaki or Hoisin sauce, toss gently and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.. Season, if required.
- Serve immediately with noodles (rice or egg) or rice.