Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry (thin cuts)
This great midweek meal using thin cut beef steaks can be on the table in under 20 minutes. Using prepared fresh stir-fry vegetables, this one pan dish is great for all the family.
- 450g thin cut beef steaks, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 x 350g pack prepared stir-fry vegetables of your choice
- For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons prepared Teriyaki marinade and sauce or Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- To prepare the Teriyaki sauce; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or wok under a moderate heat until hot. Add the stir-fry vegetables and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Add the beef.
- Add the Teriyaki or Hoisin sauce, toss gently and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.. Season, if required.
- Serve immediately with noodles (rice or egg) or rice.