Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry (thin cuts)
This great midweek meal using thin cut beef steaks can be on the table in under 20 minutes. Using prepared fresh stir fry vegetables, this one pan dish is great for all the family.
- 450g/1lb thin cut beef steaks, cut into thin strips
- 10ml/2tsp oil
- 1 x 350g pack prepared stir-fry vegetables of your choice
- For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 60ml/4tbsp prepared Teriyaki marinade and sauce or Hoisin sauce
- 15ml/1tbsp light brown sugar
- 30ml/2tbsp lime juice
- 2.5ml/½tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- To prepare the Teriyaki sauce; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or wok under a moderate heat until hot. Add the stir-fry vegetables and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Add the beef.
- Add the Teriyaki or Hoisin sauce, toss gently and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.. Season, if required.
- Serve immediately with rice or egg noodles or rice.