- 450g/1lb thin cut sirloin steaks
- 1 x 250g pack ready to eat freekeh or 100g/4oz cracked freekeh
- 500ml/18 fl oz good, hot vegetable stock
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, cored, deseeded and diced
- 10ml/2tsp ground cumin
- 2.5ml/½tsp ground turmeric
- 10ml/2tsp rapeseed oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the Chimichurri:
- 1 x 30g pack freshly chopped coriander, finely chopped
- ½ x 25-30g pack flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1.25ml/¼tsp dried chilli flakes
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 5ml/1tsp runny honey
Remove the steaks from the fridge at least 20 minutes before cooking to bring up to room temperature.
If using cracked freekeh, cook according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
For the chimichurri, put all the ingredients into a small bowl, season, mix together to combine and set aside. Mix 60ml/4tbsp of the herb mixture into the freekeh along with the red and yellow pepper.
Heat a non-stick griddle pan until hot.
In a small bowl mix together the cumin, turmeric and oil. Season the steaks and rub with the spice mixture on both sides.
Cook the steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side then thinly slice.
Spoon the freekeh onto a plate, arrange the steak on top, spoon over the remaining chimichurri and serve.