- 375g/12oz lean beef mince
- 2 large red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 1 x 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, optional
- 30ml/2tbsp Balti curry paste, or similar
- 200g/7oz butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 300g/10½oz)
- 1 x 400g can cherry or chopped tomatoes
- 300ml/½pint good, hot vegetable stock
- 200g/7oz green beans, topped and tailed
- 30ml/2tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- Small bunch freshly chopped coriander, to garnish
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and dry fry the beef, onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes or until brown breaking up any lumps with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add the ginger, chilli and curry paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the squash, cauliflower, chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for a further 15 minutes. Add the beans and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cool a little and spoon over a little Greek yogurt.
- Garnish with the coriander and serve with naan bread.
If preferred substitute the butternut squash for potatoes.