- 1 x 350-450g/12oz-1lb beef mini beef roasting joint (we used silverside)
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- *For the Sticky Sweet Chilli Glaze:
- 90ml/6tbsp prepared sweet chilli sauce of your choice
- 60ml/4tbsp tomato ketchup
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- *For the Chips:
- 400g/14oz prepared chips of your choice
- *For the Vegetables:
- 100g/4oz fresh, frozen or canned peas
- To prepare the sticky glaze; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together. Divide the glaze into two separate bowls.
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface of the joint and season all over. Place in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 30-40 minutes. Cover with foil if browning too quickly. If you like your beef less rare leave in the oven for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the joint and brush with the glaze from one of the bowls. Return to the oven and cook uncovered for a further 10 minutes.
- Cook the chips according to the packet instructions.
- Remove the roast from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20, if time allows.
- Cook the vegetables according to the packet instructions.
- Slice the beef and serve with the remaining bowl of chilli glaze to us as a dip with the chips and peas.