- 1 x 400-450g/14oz-1lb lean beef mini roasting joint (we used a mini topside roasting roast)
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- *For the Piri-Piri Glaze:
- 30ml/2tbsp runny honey
- 15ml/1tbsp red wine or sherry vinegar
- 15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 15ml/1tbsp chilli sauce
- 10ml/2tsp dried mixed herbs
- 5ml/1tsp ground paprika
- To prepare the glaze; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface of the joint, season and brush with the glaze. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
- Slice the roast and serve with any pan juices, vegetable rice and a green salad.