- 2 lean beef rump or sirloin steaks
- *For the strawberry salsa:
- 8 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 5ml/1tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2.5ml/½tsp crushed black peppercorns
- *For the caper salsa:
- 45ml/3tbsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 gherkins, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 15ml/1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 15ml/1tbsp lemon juice
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
- Cook the steaks according to your preference on preheated grill or barbecue.
- Meanwhile make salsa of choice. For strawberry salsa mix together strawberries, balsamic vinegar and black peppercorns. For the caper salsa mix together capers, gherkins, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Serve the steaks with either strawberry or caper salsa, new potatoes and a large mixed salad.