- 2 x 150g/5oz lean boneless lamb leg steaks
- For the Marinade:
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp fresh apple juice
- 10ml/2tsp Wholegrain or Dijon mustard
- 30ml/2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- In a shallow dish mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add the steaks and coat on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or if time allows, overnight.
Remove the steaks from the fridge at least 20 minutes before cooking to bring up to room temperature.
Cook on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until the meat juices run clear.
Serve with green beans and a red pepper, rocket and potato salad with mustard mayonnaise.