- 450g/1lb lean lamb leg steaks, cut into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 50g/2oz butter
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 30ml/2tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 3 pickled gherkins, chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 15ml/1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Cut the leg steaks into 2.5cm/1inch cubes and thread onto skewers with the onion. Melt the butter and add leaves from the rosemary, brush over the skewers and cook under a preheated grill or barbecue for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile make the caper dip; in a bowl mix together the capers, gherkins, mustard, vinegar, herbs and mayonnaise.
- Serve the skuets with the caper dip, a large mixed leaf salad and crusty bread.