- 675g/1½lb chuck steak, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes
- 15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed or 5ml/1tsp garlic purée
- 1 x 420-450g jar Madras curry sauce or similar
- 300ml/½pint good, hot beef stock
- 45ml/3tbsp natural yogurt
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Small handful freshly chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
Put all the ingredients except the yogurt and coriander in large slow cooker.
Turn the slow cooker on HiGH for 4-6 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours or according to your manufacturers’ handbook
30 minutes before the end of the cooking time add the yogurt and continue to cook for the remainder of the cooking time.
Season if required, garnish with the coriander and serve the curry with rice or naan bread or poppadoms and a selection on chutneys.