- 450g/1lb lean lamb neck fillet, sliced
- 15ml/1tbsp oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, seeds removed and sliced
- 5ml/1tsp cayenne pepper
- 5ml/1tsp paprika
- 2.5ml/½tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 150g/5oz long grain rice
- 750ml/1½pint good, hot lamb or vegetable stock
- 100g/4oz cabbage, finely shredded
- 50g/2oz lettuce, shredded
- Large handful spinach
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the lamb neck fillet for 4-5 minutes until browned. Add the onion, pepper, chilli, cayenne pepper, paprika, black peppercorns and rice. Stir well and pour over the stock. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking time add to the pan the cabbage, lettuce and spinach. Cover and cook for the remaining five minutes then serve.