Alfresco Roast Beef Salad
- 375g cooked, sliced cold roast beef
- 225g day old country loaf, roughly cubed
- 450g ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 125ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- Extra fresh thyme leaves, to garnish
- 25g Parmesan shavings
- Put the bread in a large bowl with the tomatoes, thyme, onions, garlic, olive oil, horseradish and roast beef. Season and lightly toss.
- Cover and leave for 30 minutes in a cool place for the flavours to develop.
- Toss the salad again thoroughly and scatter with extra fresh thyme leaves and parmesan shavings.
- Serve immediately.