- 225g lean rump or sirloin steaks, cut into 10cm strips
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 25g plain flour mixed with 1 teaspoon ground paprika powder
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 175g new potatoes, cooked and halved
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 300ml good, hot beef stock
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley or chives
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Meanwhile, place the flour in a large bowl or plastic bag and mix together with the paprika and seasoning. Toss the beef strips in the flour.
- Cook the beef for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the onion, garlic and potatoes and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, seasoning (if required), stock and cherry tomatoes and heat for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle over the parsley or chives.
- Serve immediately with seasonal vegetables and garlic bread.