Beef Mini Roast with Chipotle Butter
The mini roast makes a delicious midweek meal, or whenever you're cooking for two. It's boneless, easy to carve and ready in under an hour. This topside mini roast has a delicious chipotle butter which you can easily prepare made using unsalted butter, freshly chopped parsley and prepared chipotle paste.
- 1 x 400-450g beef mini roast (we used topside mini roast)
For the chipotle butter:
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoon prepared chipotle paste
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
- To prepare the chipotle butter; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface, season and spread with the butter. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
- Slice the roast and serve with any meat juices, chips and seasonal vegetables or salad.