Beefy Spring Stir-Fry
Light spring stir-fry that takes only 10 minutes to cook. Sirloin or rump steak strips with green vegetables in a horseradish and soy dressing. Simple, healthy and delicious.
- 450g lean sirloin, or rump steak, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 175g broccoli florets
- 100g mangetout
- 100g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 bok choi or pak choi, halved
- 5 tablespoons good, hot beef stock
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick wok until really hot. Season the beef then add to the wok and cook for 1 minute until browned, but only just cooked. Remove from the wok with a slotted spoon and place on a plate.
- Add the onion to the wok and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add the broccoli, mangetout, mushrooms and bok or pak choi. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes then add the stock and horseradish. Stir to combine.
- Return the beef to the wok with any meat juices from the plate and add the soy sauce and sherry vinegar.
- Serve the stir-fry with plain boiled rice.