Chutney BBQ Burgers with Tarragon Mayonnaise
Great barbecue burger recipe using beef or lamb mince, sweet pickle or chutney, onion and fresh herbs served with a fresh tarragon mayonnaise.
- 450g lean beef or lamb mince
- 1 small onion, peeled and grated
- 4 tablespoons prepared fruit pickle or chutney
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Oil, for brushing
For the Tarragon Mayonnaise:
- 200ml prepared mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped tarragon
For the Cabbage and Radish Slaw
- ½ green cabbage, shredded
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- Brush each burger with a little oil and cook under a preheated, moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes on both sides until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Meanwhile prepare the tarragon mayonnaise; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- To prepare the cabbage and radish slaw, in a large bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Cook the burgers under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes on both sides until thoroughly cooked or until any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers in bread rolls of your choice with the mayonnaise and cabbage and radish slaw.