Beef and Red Pepper Burgers
A great burger recipe for the summer barbecue with beef mince, onion, garlic, finely chopped red pepper, herbs, breadcrumbs and a dash of barbecue sauce.
- 450g lean beef mince
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons barbecue or sweet chilli sauce
- 25-50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or vegetable oil
- Salad leaves, to garnish
- Place the minced beef in a large bowl and add the onion, garlic, red pepper, herbs, barbecue or sweet chilli sauce and breadcrumbs.
- Add the seasoning and egg. Mix together thoroughly, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using damp hands shape the mixture into 4-6 evenly sized burgers.
- Brush the burgers with a little oil and cook on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 4-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve the burgers in ciabatta rolls garnished with salad leaves with a large spoonful of selected relish.