Creamy Beef Thin Cut Steak and Mustard Pasta
A beef pasta salad made with thin cut beef steaks, red onions, green beans and sweetcorn tossed in a creamy mustard and lemon dressing. A great midweek alfresco supper dish.
- 400g beef thin cut steaks, cut into 5cm strips
- 150g dried pasta bows, or similar
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 200g fine green beans, topped and cut in half
- 1 x 198g can sweet corn, drained
- 150ml reduced fat crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onions, beans and sweet corn and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beef strips and cook for 2-3 minutes until brown then remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl mix the crème fraîche with the mustard and lemon zest. Add to the pan with the beef and stir through the hot pasta. Season and add the chives.
- Spoon into pasta bowls and serve immediately with crusty bread.