Easy Beef Bourguignon recipe
Try our easy beef bourguignon recipe to cut your cooking time. This method uses the hob for a quicker meal that still tastes delightful. You also won’t need to worry about which wine is the best to use in this dish, as it can be swapped out for a decent beef stock. Easier to prepare – and easier on your wallet – what’s not to love?
2 hours 30 minutes
- 675g beef chuck or casserole steak, cut into 5cm cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped or crushed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped or 100g Chantenay carrots, tops removed
- 100g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 x 40g sachet of prepared beef bourguignon seasoning mix
- 450ml good, hot beef stock or red wine
- Dash Worcestershire sauce or mushroom ketchup
Put all the ingredients except the seasoning mix in a large flame/heatproof casserole dish with a lid.
Mix the sachet contents with the stock or wine and pour over the beef and vegetables.
Cook on under a low flame for 2-2½ hours.
Serve with new or mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Additional Recipe Information:
Top tips for easy beef bourguignon
This easy beef bourguignon recipe uses a prepared sachet mix to reduce hands-on cooking time. Additionally, this recipe saves you time, as you can throw all of the ingredients in the pot and cook them at once.
If preferred, pop all the ingredients into a large slow cooker with 300ml stock or red wine and cook for 4-6 hours on HIGH or 8-10 hours on LOW.