Lamb Valentine steaks with Orange and Redcurrant Sauce
Thes chops are an ideal cut for a romantic meal for two as they are two chops from the loin butterflied to make a meatier cut. With only 10 minutes prep time they are grilled and served with an orange and redcurrant sauce and ready in under 25 minutes.
- 4 lean lamb valentine steaks, cutlets or chops
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 150ml good, hot lamb stock
- Grated zest and juice of ½ orange
- 1 tablespoon redcurrant jelly or cranberry sauce
Heat the oil in a large non-stick griddle pan. Mix the seasoning and coriander together. Dust the steaks on both sides with the mixture.
Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side. Transfer to a warm plate and leave to rest.
Meanwhile, to make the sauce; in the same pan cook the onions for 2-3 minutes. Add the stock, orange zest and juice and redcurrant jelly or cranberry sauce.
Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thick. Pour any meat juices from the plate to the pan with the sauce.
Serve the steaks with herb mash and steamed curly kale or broccoli.