Mainstay Mince - Cheesy Beef and Tomato Croissants
A great supper dish for all the family using Mainstay Mince.
- 225g mainstay mince (see mainstay mince recipe)
- 12 baby plum or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Pinch dried chilli flakes or 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce, optional
- 100g sweet corn
- 4 fresh all-butter croissants
- 100g grated mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 190°C Fan, Gas Mark 6.
- Place the mince in a large pan. Add the tomatoes, chilli flakes or sauce, if used and sweet corn. Heat gently for 3-4 minutes or until hot.
- Meanwhile, place each croissant on a chopping board and split down the centre of each. Transfer to a large baking sheet.
- Add 75g of the cheese to the mince sauce and divide the mixture evenly between each croissant.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake for 5 minutes until hot and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with a green salad.