Roasted Lamb Rump with Potatoes, Asparagus and Mint Dressing
A delicious lamb mini roast, perfect for two people and the lighter spring weather.
- 1 lean lamb rump portion (weighing 225-375g)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 400g baby new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed or olive oil
- ½ bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved lengthways
For the Mint Dressing
- 1 large handful fresh mint
- 4 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, gas mark 6.
- Season the steaks and dust with the oregano on both sides.
- Put the potatoes in a shallow baking tray and coat in the oil, shake well and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, scatter over the asparagus, position the lamb on top of the potatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning once.
- To prepare the dressing; in a small bowl mix the ingredients together.
- Arrange the potatoes, asparagus and lamb on a serving board, drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.