Spiced Lamb Quesadillas
Quick snack or light lunch, spiced lamb mince with melting cheese quesadillas with a tangy mint and apple salsa.
- 450g lean lamb mince
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 8 flour tortillas
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled or 1 x 125g tub buffalo mozzarella cheese or similar, drained and torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the apple and mint salsa:
- 1-2 large green apples, cored and diced
- Large handful freshly chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon mild olive or groundnut oil
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C, Gas Mark 7.
- Heat a large shallow, non-stick frying pan and dry fry the mince with the spices and seasoning for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir through the spinach and parsley.
- Place 4 tortillas on a chopping board and spread evenly with the cheese then the lamb mixture. Sandwich together with the remaining tortillas, transfer to a non-stick baking sheet and brush with the oil.
- Cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the tortillas are crispy and the lamb is cooked through.
- Meanwhile prepare the salsa; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Slice each quesadilla in half and serve immediately with the apple and mint salsa and a green salad.